Spend some time reworking the core code as well as the storage format for the flashing sequence. Turns out that I was spoiled working with the Arduino boards, which has significantly more memory. I am endeavoring to put multiple flashing sequences into one code binary and switch them with a pushbutton attached to a DI pin on the Launchpad. Installed an old copy of Adobe Premiere and started playing with that as well. Here’s the results:
Well the two launchpads i ordered arrived via FEDEX 2nd Day shipping. Not bad for just under $9 USD! After the kids were in bed, I sat down for about two hours to play with the code and figure some things out.
The very first thing to jump out at me was the opportunity to make the code much easier to write and read by way of abstracting the super technical stuff into a library of sorts. I’m no where near done, but here’s the initial header and source files for the ‘library’ I’m creating.
One of my long time dreams, as silly as this is, was to have a police car with working lightbar on my model railroad layout. Now, there are plenty of ‘flasher’ circuits out there, but I have yet to find one that’s worth the money.
On one of the many deployments I had in the Navy, I took advantage of the free time and technical resources and really beefed up my working knowledge of solid state electronics. Being underway on a submarine means no internet connectivity, so I had no way to research common ‘beginner’ circuits and ICs. This led me to build massive logic ciruits of out the basic building blocks: AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR and NOT gates.